In my bathroom we hang our toilet paper “over” verses “under.” The new Charmin Chamomile Scented bathroom paper was hung over on the holder. I kept the door closed, when the door was opened there was an immediate aroma of the chamomile. That was a fresh, clean almost shampoo like scent.
I received a 6 double roll of this chamomile scent bathroom tissue, complimentary for testing purposes. Included inside the Bzzkit were 5 coupons for $1.50 a purchase of this Charmin product.
Charmin bathroom tissue paper with a Chamomile scent is a product of Protector & Gamble. Charmin has always been a thicker tissue paper thus more absorbent bathroom tissue paper. This product has the seal of “Good Housekeeping.” Which to you, the consumer means the following…
This is Good Housekeeping’s LIMITED WARRANTY: If any product that bears our Seal proves to be defective within two years from the date it was first sold to a consumer by an authorized retailer, we, Good Housekeeping, will replace or repair the product or refund the purchase price. – GoodHousekeeping.com
This is a reassuring thing to know, however I’m not sure how toilet paper can become defective, unless it gets wet in its package.
What I didn’t like about this product:
- I found it difficult to use this product as a secondary item. I have been known to use bathroom tissue paper as emergency tissue for my nose, especially if I get a bloody nose (due to weather & allergies). The strong aroma of chamomile was just that – strong.
- A concern I had, even though the product states that the paper roll is the item that is scented, the tissue paper still must get permeated. How does that affect the gentle areas of a woman’s body? It’s just a thought. Doctors tell women “don’t use any perfumed products, etc.” Or have they stopped saying that and I’m just a bit behind the times?
- Once the package was open the chamomile scent was no longer a strong one.
- The package states 6 double rolls = 12 regular rolls. However, Charmin’s idea of a double roll doesn’t seem like it. Each roll has 165 2-ply sheets.
What I did like about this product:
- The softness of the paper.
- The thickness of the paper. It is 2-ply. A definite difference.
- The scent of the chamomile. It had a clean, fresh scent like shampoo.
- Pretty flower design on the tissue paper.
Would I buy this product? Probably not. Because the aroma is a bit too strong for the multiple purposes that I tend to use bathroom tissue paper for. A tissue substitute for a running nose, wiping watery eyes.
If you are a smart consumer, pinching those pennies (like me) wanting to get more for your buck, be aware of the cost and amount of sheet per roll. I went to my local Wal-Mart to buy some toilet paper. Charmin Chamomile scented bath tissue was not anywhere to be seen. I took some photos so you can get an idea of cost & amount of tissue paper you get for the price. I’m gonna pass on any future purchase of Charmin Chamomile scented bath tissue paper.
This product was sent to me complimentary from BzzAgent.com for testing purposes, resulting in this blog post sharing my honest opinion.