The Latest News and Updates from VoiceBo
Dear Friends and VoiceBo Members,
Firstly, we thank you all for joining us. Users from some 97 countries around the Globe have joined us already during the soft launch phase of the VoiceBo App and the VoiceBo Social Network. And we are now gearing up for some serious exposure and expect some substantial growth over the coming months.
We already have some very notable connections on board; from celebrity doctors, authors, athletes, singers and even a few comedians. We also have some interesting plans for additional exposure in the near future. So please stay tuned.
In this first edition of the VoiceBo newsletter, we will be covering the following topics.
- So what exactly is VoiceBo? – A short introduction and Video below.
- Check out some of the Featured VoiceBo users we have on board.
- Take a look at some Interesting, Popular and Featured VoiceBo’s.
- New Features: Online Recording, Audio Uploading, @ Mentions + Messaging.
- Get the VoiceBo App for your Mac, PC, Android or iOS Device.
- A few tips and tricks on using VoiceBo.
- VoiceBo’s Facebook Page now has approximately 28,000 Fans…
So what exactly is VoiceBo? – A short introduction below.
Introducing VoiceBo!!! Why type when you can talk?
VoiceBo is not only an audio based Social Network, it is also a new, universal App that allows you to add your voice to almost any web based application or service. And what’s more, your VoiceBo messages can be displayed and played on just about any smart-phone or computer. Engage with your friends, family, colleagues and clients like never before.. With VoiceBo!
Whether you are commenting on a photo on Facebook, Tweeting or Emailing…. The list just goes on and on.. It’s really up to your own imagination as to how you use VoiceBo! You can create a VoiceBo with the FREE VoiceBo App for iOS, Android, Mac and PC, or simply create a VoiceBo online without an App by Recording New or Uploading Existing Audio via the main VoiceBo website.
Here are just a few sample screenshots of the VoiceBo mobile App and a short video intro below!
Have you seen the short VoiceBo introduction video yet?
Please click on the image below to view this short video on YouTube.
Check out some of the Featured VoiceBo users we have on board
On VoiceBo, we have a very diverse and eclectic group of people, from Celebrity Doctors, Celebrity Jewelers, Best Selling Authors, UFC Fighters, Actors, Comedians, Singers, Journalists, DJ’s, Business Coaches and just good old fashioned Normal Folk with a voice and something to say… Please click on the image below to see these and other Featured users on VoiceBo, or visit this link http://voicebo.com/featured-users
Take a look at some Interesting, Popular and Featured VoiceBo’s
- We at VoiceBo love this tribute song to VoiceBo by Amy @AmyMartinson on VoiceBo, Amy is quite a character and very insightful! She should be on “Saturday Night Live” we think 😉 Please see this link to check it out.. http://voicebo.com/McoCBM
- Chris @PilgrimChris who is an App junkie, community builder, wild camper, cyclist, father, and social networker gave VoiceBo a great shout out in “An App that does it All!” at: http://voicebo.com/rhQEGt
- Tim @innervox ran a series of thought provoking VoiceBo’s under the tag of “Ponder This”, but in contrast to these rather serious VoiceBo’s, Tim also broke out into song with his ukulele on hand with this wonderful novelty song at http://voicebo.com/tN2UTl
- UFC Fighter and all round bad boy “Brian Ebersole” @BrianEbesole taunted (tongue in cheek) UFC super star “Georges St-Pierre, saying “GSP Stole our Muay Thai trainers”. You can check out Brian’s VoiceBo here: http://voicebo.com/XlIOSo
- Laura @AlabamieMamie belted out a few songs for us from the middle of the open corn field, Laura loves voice blogging and singing and here is a sample of one of her songs “She Believes in Me” at: http://voicebo.com/SeFKHn
- VoiceBo character Maximus @Maximus, thought he’d take on @BrianEbersole (UFC Fighter) with this funny impersonation of Sean Connery in “Brian Ebersole is NOT My Love Child, He simply copied the Connery chest hair style.. The Hairrow!” at: http://voicebo.com/iiskf4
- And now for something completely different… Catherine @SassyCat (Your Favorite Little Kitty Cat) gives a a little Adults Only content (Explicit Material Warning) with: Naughty Girls Need Love Too! at: http://voicebo.com/3vpCnH
- World renowned podiatrist, bio mechanics and lower limb specialist Dr. Phillip Vasyli @PhillipVasyli drops in with Dr. Andrew Weil @DrWeil (who is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, a healing oriented approach to health care as well as a best selling author) with this update at: http://voicebo.com/iWx1Po
- Frank Shamrock, yes the legendary MMA fighter @frankshamrock, and now author and actor, drops into VoiceBo from time to time with a little update. Here’s a very sweet VoiceBo from Frank Shamrock and his daughter Nicolette, sing happy birthday to UFC Fighter and VoiceBo user Brian Ebersole @BrianEbersole with this VoiceBo at: http://voicebo.com/ocKEJp
- And last but not least, we have James MacArthur @JamesMacArthur (Street Journalist and Radio Man) who made headlines around the world almost 2 weeks ago with the live broadcasting of his own personal “stand off” with the Baltimore Police Department as a SWAT team came to take him away! James announced on VoiceBo just the day before: “The Police are still out to get me!” You can hear this VoiceBo here at: http://voicebo.com/2KdZej Apparently even Wiki Leaks got involved.. And you can check out the full broadcast of the siege at James’ website “The Baltimore Spectator“.
New Features: Online Recording, Audio Uploading, @ Mentions + Messaging
We, have been extremely busy at VoiceBo as many of you may have noticed. During our soft launch phase, we have had a lot of requests for new features, some of which were on the drawing board already, and some that were not. And we are very pleased with the feedback that many of you have given in relation to the new and existing features we have implemented. A few new features have been implemented that some of you have already noticed.. Features that now take VoiceBo to a whole new level. You can now record a new VoiceBo online or create a new VoiceBo by uploading existing audio files via the main desktop version of the VoiceBo website!
Whilst using the iPhone, Android or even the desktop versions of the VoiceBo app are ideal for most to create new content, in many instances, you could be using a computer elsewhere (without the desktop version of the VoiceBo App installed) or you may just prefer to record online? Well now you can.. And if you have some existing audio files, you can even upload them too.
Two great new options for VoiceBo users: Record Online (Requires Flash) , or Upload Existing Audio Files (Supported formats are: .aac, .mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .wav, or .ogg). You can even add a location and or an image/photo to any online VoiceBo you record (Just like you do with the VoiceBo App) and the same applies to uploaded audio files 😉
Another New Feature “@ Mentions” in Comments and Descriptions of VoiceBo’s
This is certainly a handy tool; and as a social network, VoiceBo now allows you to Mention other VoiceBo users!
As VoiceBo is also a social network, we figured we would up the anti on some of our social network features. VoiceBo now allows you to mention other VoiceBo users (e.g @VoiceBo as the username in this example, but that could be @Maximus etc.) The user mentioned in the subject/description of a VoiceBo will then be notified that a VoiceBo was marked to their attention.
The same applies if you mention someone in a comment by @username ; they will be notified of the mention and they can view such mentions. Like all notifications in the VoiceBo system (from email, push and badge notifications) you can of course turn these on and off at will for the most part.
Direct Messaging with VoiceBo
The @username “Mentions” feature above, also allows you to direct message others with VoiceBo’s. Many people may want to only share a VoiceBo with one other person, or they may just want to share a VoiceBo with a select number of people. Of course you can always create a “Direct VoiceBo” and email it etc, but now with the new “Mentions” feature, You can simply create a Direct VoiceBo and add the @username mention of one or more users in the description/subject of your Direct VoiceBo, and anyone you mention shall receive a notification of same and they can view and listen to your VoiceBo and interact with you accordingly.
Try it out for your self… @username “mentions” really bring VoiceBo into the same level of the likes of Twitter in this regard.
Get the VoiceBo App for your Mac, PC, Android or iOS Device.
If you haven’t already tried the VoiceBo App, then you can find the relevant links for your smart-phone, tablet or desktop computer here: http://VoiceBo.com/apps and if you need any assistance, then please also check out our “How to?” information at http://VoiceBo.com/how-to
A few tips and tricks on using VoiceBo
- How to get more exposure for your public VoiceBo’s – Please see: http://voicebo.com/how-to/how-to-get-more-exposure-for-your-public-voicebo-s-and-a-bigger-following-virally
- How can I share a VoiceBo on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or Email – Please see: http://voicebo.com/how-to/how-can-i-share-a-voicebo-on-facebook-twitter-sms-or-email
- Why add a description, an image and tags to your VoiceBo’s – Please see: http://voicebo.com/how-to/why-and-how-you-might-add-a-description-an-image-and-even-tags-to-your-voicebo
- How to build your Followers list on VoiceBo – Please see: http://voicebo.com/how-to/how-to-build-your-followers-list-on-voicebo
- How to best use the privacy settings when you publish a VoiceBo – Please see: http://voicebo.com/how-to/how-to-best-use-the-privacy-settings-when-you-publish-a-voicebo
- How to find others to follow and connect with on VoiceBo – Please see: http://voicebo.com/how-to/how-to-find-others-to-follow-and-connect-with-on-voicebo
- What is the My Library function and how can I use it? – Please see: http://voicebo.com/how-to/what-is-the-my-library-function-and-how-can-i-use-it
VoiceBo’s Facebook Page now has approximately 28,000 Fans…
Whilst we haven’t pushed VoiceBo that much on Twitter during our soft launch phase, we have been gaining quite the following on the VoiceBo Facebook Page, with close to 28,000 new fans as at the date of this newsletter; and the numbers are growing quite fast. So, if you haven’t joined us on our Facebook Page, then we would invite you to please join us at http://facebook.com/VoiceBo and give us a LIKE and join in the fun.
You can also check out VoiceBo on YouTube or Follow us on Twitter if you like..
Well that’s about it for this update folks.. We hope to see you on VoiceBo soon!
Thanks again for all the support and favorable reviews.
The Team at VoiceBo!