I’m traveling to New Orleans in a few weeks, flying with Spirit Airlines. I read that they have some specific rules about luggage. I’m only going for 4 days, but we know that most of us have to pack everything but the kitchen sink in our luggage.
How am I gonna fit everything into a 16X14X12 size carry-on bag?
I researched and found that lots of travelers are using the idea of package cubes to organize their carry-on. Could this really work? Doesn’t that add extra space? Well I wanted answers, plus I wanted to try and pack as much as I can into just one bag.
I shopped around locally to find the package cubes. The box stores sold the cubes for around $24.99-29.99 for just three of them. With my WeekEight Packing Cubes Set Travel Luggage Organizer Bags I received 3 Cubes 3 Pouches for $29.99. That was worth it to me. I figured I can use the small laundry bag for my dirty intimidates and just repack the rest of the clothes in to the cubes when I return home.
What I didn’t like about the Packing Cubes Set Travel Luggage Organizers:
- Is that they are NOT waterproof. I did test out the bags with my socks inside. I dropped them into the sink of water. Sadly, my socks got wet. I even had to ring out one sock because it was so wet.
- The zippers on the cubes & bags seem a bit weak, appear to be easily broken. I recommend handling with care, maybe don’t over pack the cubes to prevent breaking the zipper.
What I did like about the Packing Cubes Set Travel Luggage Organizers:
- You receive three packing cubes and three laundry bags. The cubes are more like mini suitcases to organize your clothes in. The laundry bags are smaller and not as expandable as the cubes, but still have some room. I recommend the laundry bags for socks, undies.
- The price, you get more for the amount you pay. I’ve seen some cubes where there are only three of them for the same price.
- The luggage organizers come in 6 different colors.
- The cubes have handles on them so they can be carried individually if necessary.
- There is no odor with these organizers. I have read in some other reviews that they had a musky, moldy smell. But mine do not. I would recommend washing them anyway. Yes they are washable and that’s a plus.
- The cubes have two zippers, in case one stops working. The laundry bags only have one zipper.
I do like these organizers. I would recommend these for travel. Inexpensive price and you should get a few good uses with them as long as you don’t over-pack them. I’m happy with my purchase and they worked perfectly for my weekend trip.