My Monthly Beauty Box Subscription Addiction
I love getting stuff in the mail. Can anyone tell me that they don’t like getting packages in the mail? Bills don’t count.
A few months back, like in October I wanted to get some new mascara. I had wanted to try some new makeup products but never seem to be able to afford some of the products. I also wanted to be able to write some reviews on some new products.
Then I was scrolling through my old websites and found one site I had forgotten all about. I logged on and looked around, signed up to receive a few beauty boxes a month. The price varies on the company box. I also signed up during the holidays when the deals were pretty good. I didn’t have to pay full prices on some of the monthly boxes.
I signed up for the Wal-Mart Box. Target Beauty Box. Allure Box and Ipsy Glam Bag. I had to stop because it could get expensive especially when the boxes are $10 each. The Wal-Mart box is $5 and is sent out every three months and the others are monthly.
I received the Wal-Mart Beauty Box first back in October of 2016. The first Wal-Mart box was mostly all lotions, which was really ok because winter was coming and so was the dry skin. Then I moved onto the Ipsy Glam Bag and the Target Beauty Box in November. And now around every mid-month I receive a new Ipsy Bag and a new Allure Beauty Box. The Target Beauty box must be ordered monthly, which is ok. You get to see ahead time what’s inside so you don’t have to order it if it’s not something you want or need.
I had planned on starting to review the boxes, but you have how I’ve been lately. A mess, unorganized and undisciplined when it comes to my writing and blogging. I really need to be cock slapped.
- Akar Skin Ruby Tint Lip Butter – There is a code on the box for 20% off my first purchase. 100% natural & organic. Not bad for the lips, I will use it up.
- Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum – I will always use an anti-aging serum every chance I get. I like this product.
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 day Volume in-shower treatment – Haven’t used this yet, but I’m pretty sure I wont be disappointed.
- Londontown Lakur Enhanced Colour -“Cheerio” is the color I received a sheer pinkish color.
- Londontown Kur Nourishing Cuticle Oil – This is great stuff. I love it. Winter is always hard on my hands, so this came at a great time now that spring is here.
- Secret Invisible Solid Cool Waterlily Deodorant. A sample, which is ok. I like trying new stuff.
There wasn’t anything in the Allure Box that I didn’t like. Each month you get a new bag to use, some are cute and some aren’t. Mostly they’re intended for you to use as a compact makeup bag. I use them for all sorts of other things.
In the Ipsy Bag, my favorite product is…
- Tarteist™ quick dry matte lip paint – Vibin(wine) color. The color lasts long, matte. I’m really getting into these matte lip paints.
Target’s Beauty Box for March I received the following…
- Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence
- Soapbox Bamboo Shampoo & Conditioner
- Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer – This is my favorite product out of the box. In the winter my skin gets so dry that I would use baby oil before drying off with a towel then adding the lotion before getting dressed. But this lotion is GREAT! I rub it in before drying off and I don’t have to add anymore moisturizing products to my skin after that. I loved it so much that I went out and purchased a large bottle.
- Dove Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Lip Shine – This is ok. A bit waxy, sticky on the lips. Makes me rub my lips together a lot.
- Skinfix Foaming Oil Cleaner – I like this facial cleaner as well. A very small dab of cleaner goes a long way.
My favorite box is the Allure Beauty Box.
You get more bang for your buck as well as a variety of products. There is a booklet that comes inside that tells you all about your products. It’s a draw between the Target & Ipsy Bag and lastly the Wal-Mart Beauty Box. The Wal-Mart box is only $5 and really is a great deal for some samples. If I could afford it (monthly) I would subscribe to FabFitFun Box but that’s $49.99. Can’t afford it yet! I just might have to add the Birchbox though because that one is only $10 a month.