I am really digging my new Lektor Master Series Zipper Mouth Muzzle courtesy of Wicked Butterfly. I was very excited to read that I was receiving the Master Series Lektor Zipper Mouth Muzzle. I received the product rather quickly from Wicked Butterfly.
When I opened the main box, the mask itself was inside a sealed plastic pouch. Which I liked because I know that no one else had tried this muzzle on before I did.
When I added this to my wish list, I did it because I thought it was so cool looking & a bit intimidating. I thought sure, it’s a muzzle for a submissive, but I plan to wear it while riding my motorcycle. That’s right. I love to “freak” others out when I’m riding my motorcycle. This Master Series Zipper Mouth Muzzle is something different and cool looking. I really go for the different, unique and odd items to review. I also love adding the items for photos and of course playtime.
What I liked about the Master Series Lektor Zipper Mouth Muzzle:
- Its “one size fits all” which to some might be a problem. When trying this muzzle on, it’s basically stretching & pulling the elastic bands over your head.
- The muzzle is nice & thick. The outside is a shiny vinyl and the inside is neoprene.
- The price is reasonable. At Wicked Butterfly its only $19.95
- There is a metal zipper for the mouth. This muzzle does muffle a persons voice while wearing it, even with the zipper opened it can be difficult to understand the person wearing it.
- Six metal “dots” surrounding the mouth zipper.
- Two holes for your nostrils with the seam up the middle of the muzzle
- This is a half-faced mask that covers the lower part of the face. Under the chin, over the nose area.
- The muzzle is comfortable to wear, however keep in mind that it is a “one size fits all. This means that it may be larger in some areas than others. There seems to be extra room in the chin area.
- There are no instructions on the box or inside for cleaning. It seems simple enough. Outside can be wiped down easily with baby wipes or a soapy washcloth. The inside material looks like it can be washed. I would hand wash it thoroughly after wearing it for a long time, because of perspiration.
What I didn’t like about the Master Series Lektor Zipper Mouth Muzzle:
- The straps on the muzzle are not adjustable. To some, this might be a problem. But after I tried it on, I do like how “tight” it fits over my head & face. But then I think about loose elastic resulting from the stretching & pulling from the on/off process.
- It’s easiest when you pull both elastic straps out ward and moving over the back of the head, while placing your chin inside the muzzle first. Then adjust hair & muzzle.
- The muzzle does push into the bridge of my nose and be a bit painful at times.
- There is extra material around the mouth area on the inside of the muzzle. Which can be annoying when trying to actually speak. It annoyed me a bit. The mouth area did “puff” out a bit, didn’t quite line up with my mouth. But I wasn’t expecting it too since it is a “one size fits all” kind of item.
- After wearing the muzzle for about 20 minutes I started to get hot & sweaty under the muzzle. This is one of the reasons why I will be wearing it to ride my motorcycle. I know my face will stay warm.
Using this muzzle to better control your partners speech. Opening & closing the mouth zipper makes a slight difference in the sound of the muzzled persons voice, but not much. However when I was wearing it, the mouth area doesn’t fit directly over my mouth, which is to be expected with an item that is a “one size fits all.” For the most part I really like the Lektor Master Series Zipper Mouth Muzzle.
[Disclaimer: I received this product at a discounted or complimentary price for reviewing purposes. This will not influence my opinion or experience of this product. The blog post may or may not contain affiliate links]