Gaoye V4.1 Wireless Headphones [Review]
Yesterday I received my Gaoye Bluetooth Wireless Headphones. Inside the box there is the headphones, clip, charging cable and four extra earbud replacements.
The headphones are pretty comfortable and light weight feeling. Headphones weigh only 0.8 ounces.
I bought Bluetooth wireless headphones because my son calls once a week from Texas to check in with us. I wanted to be able to wash dishes, move around instead of holding my phone to my ear and arm bent for a 2 hour phone call. YES! Our boy loves his parents. So this is well worth a try.
What I like about my Gaoye headphones:
- No assembly. There is nothing to put together.
- Included are 4 extra earbud covers, charging cable, instructions and a clip.
- Quick charge. I used the headphones within an hour of charging them. However I knew it would be best to charge them overnight.
- Comfortable to wear, very lightweight. I have a compressed vertebrae in my neck so anything heavy on my neck causes pain. I don’t even notice these. A few times I forgot I had them in. I wore them at night-time while in bed listening to music while dozing off. They didn’t bother me until I had worn them for about 2 hours.
- Wearing the headphones outside during the hot & humid weather, I didn’t feel the headphones sticking to the back of my neck.
- I could also workout (It wasn’t a hardcore, intense one, some jumping jacks & lunges) in these headphones without them falling out of my ears.
- Love the voice commands. When pressing the volume controls its says “volume up” or “volume down” with a beep sound. Reminds me of the voiceover from ios that the Visually Impaired community use. The voice commands can not be turned off or disabled. Voice commands also let you know when there is an incoming phone call. etc
- Range is 10 meters or about 31 feet. I could tell when I was losing connection because there was the breakup of sound. The headphones make a beeping sound and then dead air. I can travel around the house (upstairs/downstairs) without too much of a problem. Just a little break up at times.
- The price is reasonable at $20.99
- Sound quality is clear, I think these sound better than my apple earbuds.
- I like the way the two control panels stay facing up for easy access. The panels rest comfortably right below each of my collar bones.
What I didn’t like about my Gaoye Headphones:
- Turning the headphones on were confusing for me. I pushed the on/off control, nothing happened. I held the button down and the blue indicator light came on then went off. I looked at the instructions and it said “2.5 second hold.” It seemed longer. The red/blue blinking started meaning it was searching for connection to my phone. Once it connected it was smooth sailing from there.
- Until I had to shut it off. I hold the on/off button and seen the blue light blink and then it went off. I assume then it’s off. I also disconnect my Bluetooth.
- I did have an incoming call that I tried to answer while using them. I said “yes” “answer” and nothing. The voice commands said “incoming call” and started to recite the phone number. I ended up pushing the “phone button” to answer the call. There is a built-in microphone on the headphones. I used my phone to make a call. The headphones automatically started dialing however I did have to option to choose “speaker or iPhone” in addition to the headphones. I clicked the “phone button” and I heard “phone is hang up.” And the headphones went back to playing my music (Pandora).
- UPDATE TO THE ABOVE: Received another incoming phone call. I said “YES” and my music stopped playing and it answered the phone call. So yes that now works. I’m very satisfied with these headphones.
- I didn’t like how the instructions read. I couldn’t understand the chart easily. I’m a visual learner, like a little kid I need photos, not a lot of words.
I have not used it with my hubby’s Samsung yet, nor have I connected our two phones at the same time. That is a feature that really doesn’t interest me, but it is nice to know its an option I have.
It’s a bit too hot & humid today. I plan on using these headphones while riding my motorcycle as soon as I get the chance. That’s another reason I wanted them. I can push a button and change the song, repeat the song. I wont have to hide the cable in my shirt anymore. Cant wait to try them in the wind. I will try to remember to update this afterwards.
[Disclaimer: I received this product at a discounted or complimentary price for reviewing purposes. This will not influence my opinion or experience of this product. The blog post may or may not contain affiliate links]