I was traveling to Tifton Georgia for my oldest son’s wedding. However, I wanted to make sure that we had a place to sleep where we arrived there. I used TripAdvisor at first, but I really didn’t like their reviews, most importantly the prices that were offered. Most of the reviews were really negative, which had me worried. I continued looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay. I couldn’t see spending $100 per night for just a few extras. I used hotels.com, booking.com to get an idea of prices, along with TripAdvisor.
I continued to read the reviews. I found that it was cheaper for me to go directly to the website of the hotel, after I read online about someone having to pay a third-party fee or full price. In my opinion those third-party apps tend to be more expensive. I reserved two rooms with a king bed, after reading some of the reviews on their website. Their price was $65 per night, cheaper by $25 from the night before at the Super 8.
Econo Lodge in Tifton, Georgia. Econo Lodge is part of Choice Hotels. I signed up for the Choice Privileges Program. I noticed a slight discount and points for free overnight stays. The Econo Lodge is located along Interstate 75. There are two separate buildings with the swimming slightly in the middle (layout forms an “L”). There is an upper & lower floors, stairs are open concrete. I prefer the lower level.
I didn’t like:
- There was no ice bucket in the room, just the lid. A small mistake by housekeeping.
- The “free” breakfast consisted of bagels or toast. Coffee, apple and orange juice. Selection of cold and hot cereals. A very small cinnamon bun (local Walmart brand).
- The inside of the pool looked or was stained. There was no liner, the concrete just looked stained, but the pool water was very clean along with the pool area itself.
- That the mounted TV was slightly off-center from the bed, which at times made it difficult to use the remote from different angles.
I did like:
- Outside entry doors. This is a matter of personal preference. I prefer having my car parked right outside my room window, instead having to walk inside a building, similar to an apartment building.
- There was an iron, ironing board, microwave and mini refrigerator in the room. We had traveled almost 1000 miles. We needed to keep our food & soda cold. Along with ironing the clothes for the wedding, was needed after having them neatly folded in our suitcases.
- I enjoyed having the TV mounted on the wall. This allowed for more free area in the room.
- That the room was clean, didn’t smell musty, moldy.
- The booklet inside the room that gave the visitor lots of helpful information. The different for TV & radio channels (alarm clock on night stand). Page for general information about guest laundry, ice machine, about rooms, pool hours. A page with a map of rooms. Page with local business in the surrounding area.
- The site is off Interstate 75. The shopping mall is within walking distance and several other small shops close by.
- That the office staff was very friendly and helpful.
- It was a relief to know that even after making a reservation, that they will hold a room for me
- FREE wifi. However, I had to log in every time I returned to the lodge. There is no password required, only works inside the building. Sometimes there were times when I was kicked off while in my room. Quickly logged back on.
I would recommend this Econo Lodge for an over night stay or even for longer. We stayed two nights. I was pleased with the over all facility and service. I will continue to use the Econo Lodge in Tifton Georgia will I return for family get togethers. I was not disappointed with any of it, including the price.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for writing this review. This review is based on my experience using this Econo Lodge in Tifton, Georgia.