I am traveling to New Orleans in October, I’m flying on Spirit Airlines. I have done tons of research on traveling this airline. Knowing that there is no water after a certain point in addition to Spirit Airlines not providing water or any drinks on their flights.
I need to save space due to all the size requirements, etc. I started looking for water bottles. I came across the Collapsible Water Bottle by Pyrus. PERFECT! I figured I can use it once I’m on vacation, by carrying it in my purse so that if I ever need it, I have it. I don’t have to worry about it taking up a lot of space in my purse either.
I ordered it and received it within 48 hours, less than actually.
It came it a simple clear plastic cover, pretty easy to open. No instructions.
What I like didn’t like about the Collapsible Water Bottle:
- Is that it collects dust & debris, because its made from silicone. It has a sticky feeling on the sides where its kind of shaped like a peanut. The rest of the silicone bottle is smooth feeling. The dust & debris still sticks to the bottle.
- Because it is collapsible, the bottle itself seems unbalanced and flimsy. When you left it to drink, if you don’t hold it just right it will bend from the weight of the fluid inside. When you drink from it, it will start to collapse in.
It’s not that I don’t like this product. No. I really think it’s a cool idea. It takes a little getting used to that’s all. Filling the bottle with your desired liquid takes some getting used to as well. Because you have to be aware of how hard you’re holding on to the bottle. Because if you squeeze too firmly the liquid could end up squeezing out of the top of the bottle.
What I did like about the Collapsible Water Bottle:
- The price. Only $11.99 and I thought that was pretty good.
- There is NO strong odor of silicone or plastic-type odor. There may be a hint to some people, but I don’t smell anything that would distract me from drinking from this bottle.
- The fact that it does collapse to 1/3 its size. Just fold it up & secure with the
- There is a pop-up lid with a strainer spout, which I thought was cool.
- The bottle holds 17 fluid ounces. Pretty much the same amount as the average water bottle.
- There is a carabiner attached to the secured part of the lid. This makes it convenient for hanging it on something while on the go.
- It is sturdy empty. The bottle will stand up right empty, it’s just when you grab it. Just takes getting used to, like I mentioned.
- It is space-efficient. Once its folded up it doesn’t take up a lot of space. And this is one of the main reasons why I bought it.
I’m not sure if the liquid inside the bottle will eventually taste funny if it is left inside too long. I didn’t notice a funny taste to my water or Gatorade when I used the collapsible bottle so that’s another plus for me.
I am satisfied with my purchase & my new collapsible water bottle. Yes, I would recommend this to my friends and I look forward to taking it to New Orleans with me in a few weeks. That will be the real test.
[Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary or a discounted price for reviewing purposes. The blog post may or may not contain affiliate links]